The Planning Board reviews a number of applications throughout the year including Special Permits, Site Plans, Approval Not Required (ANR), Definitive and Preliminary Subdivsion Plans, Scenic Road Permits and any number of modifications of previously approved permits. Listed below are the projects that may have a broad public interest. Not all projects reviewed by the Planning Board are listed here. Please contact the Planning Department (508-839-5335 x1120) if you have questions about any project whether listed below or not.
Affordable Housing: Residential development in Town follows a permitting process either via the Planning Board or the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA). The ZBA manages the work associated with 40B Comprehensive Permits which result in the production of affordable housing. Click on the following links to learn more:
Projects in Permitting Phase
Listed below are projects currently under review by the Planning Board. Click on a link to view project material including applicaiton materials, staff comments, public comments and other project related materials. If you would like to comment on projects that are still in the public hearing phase of permitting, CLICK HERE.
Approved Projects: Under Construction
Listed below are projects previously approved by the Planning Board. These projects are in the construction / completion phase based on conditions of the permit(s). Click on a link to view the final Planning Board decision along with the documents specific the approval.
- Contractors Yard - 104 Creeper Hill Road
- Construction of a Two Family Dwelling - 13 Snow Road
- "Gristmill Village" Subdivision - Off Pleasant Street & Grist Mill Road
- Expansion of Self Storage Facility - Koopman's - 82 Worcester Street
- Solar Farm - Tufts - East Knoll Site - Off Willard Street
- Solar Farm - Tufts - Grafton Science Park - Off Discovery Drive
- Building Expansion - Foster Hospital for Small Animals - Tufts - Off Westboro Road
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion - Town of Grafton - Depot Street
- "Ferry Ridge Estates" Subdivision - Off Ferry Street - Camelot Drive
Listed below are projects that have completed the permitting and construction phases. Click on a link to view the final Planning Board decision along with other related material. This list will be refreshed periodically to include the most current projects. Materials relating to older projects can be found in the Planning Department.
- Accessory Apartment - 23 Eseks Circle
- Sign Relief - 198 Worcester Street
- Recreational Facilities a/k/a "Super Park" - 4-6 Upton Street
- Accessory Apartment - 56 Fitzpatrick Road
- Tree Removal and Stone Wall Relocation - 113 Adams Road
- Accessory Apartment - 26 Magnolia Lane
- Accessory Apartment - 8 Powerline Drive
- Accessory Apartment - 18 Taft Mill Road
- Drive Through Services - 96 Worcester Street
- Retail Plaza - 198 Worcester Street
- Sign Relief - 86 Worcester Street