Building Permit Application Process
On May 15, 2020, The Town of Grafton's Building Department migrated from a paper application process to an online permitting system. Visit the Online Permitting System to access any of the following Building Permit applications: Residential, Commercial, Sheet Metal, Plumbing, and Gas.
The Town of Grafton Building Department is responsible for the review and issuance of Building Permits and Zoning Permits. The Building Department also reviews and issues Sign Permits.
The Inspector of Buildings is also the Zoning Enforcement Officer. The Zoning Enforcement Officer reviews and issues Zoning Permits and enforces the Town of Grafton Zoning By-Laws.
The Building Department issues Permits, coordinates Inspections, and receives correspondence for the Electrical Inspector, Plumbing Inspector, and Gas Inspector.
The Building Department works closely with many other Town Departments and Boards that may be involved with new construction in the Town of Grafton. Examples are the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Board of Health, Conservation Commission, Department of Public Works, Town Engineer, Town Clerk, and Assessors Office.
- Application for a Permit to Perform Gas Work (PDF)
- Building Permit Fee Schedule as of July 1, 2019 (PDF)
- Flow Chart for Building Departmental Operations (PDF)
- IECC Compliance Sheet (PDF)
- Plan Review Checklist Interior Renovation (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application - Temporary Signs (PDF)
- Workers Compensation Affidavit (PDF)
- Zoning By-Law (PDF)
- Zoning Map (PDF)