- A to G
- Department of Public Works/Engineering
- Grafton Brush Dump/Recycling Center Information
Grafton Brush Dump/Recycling Center Information
Grafton Brush Dump
The Grafton brush dump is open for business
Location of Brush Disposal Area
Millbury Street (between Providence Road and Hudson Avenue)
Contact the Office of the Department of Public Works at 508-839-5335, ext.1501.
- Monday through Friday: 10:00am to 1:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Sundays: Closed
Fiscal Year 2024 permits are now available for purchase at the Department of Public Works (DPW) Office located at 64 Old Westboro Road, or they can be purchased at the brush dump on Saturdays only. Permit fee is $25.00 (cash or check only).
Permits are no longer available for purchase at the Municipal Center.
The Town of Grafton does not offer curb side pick-up of yard waste.
The brush dump closes for the winter months and re-opens in the spring. Opening and closing dates are posted as far in advance as possible.
Please note: While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise where the brush dump might open late, close early or not open at all. Please be aware that hours of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close at any time due to severe or inclement weather.
- The brush dump is for Grafton residents only and for material originating from Grafton.
- No bags (paper or plastic) are to be left at the brush dump. Bags must be emptied and taken with the resident.
- Only vehicles with valid Town issued permits will be allowed into the brush disposal area.
- No disposal by landscaping companies is permitted.
What is acceptable:
- Grass clippings
- Hedge clippings
- Plant trimmings and prunings
- Brush that is 10 inches or less in diameter
What is not acceptable:
- Butt logs or stumps
- Construction debris (lumber, sheetrock, furniture, porcelain fixtures, fencing, pallets, shingles, concrete, bricks, or steel/metal of any kind)
- Yard wastes such as dirt, stones, plastic containers, pressure-treated lumber, railroad ties, landscape timbers, landscape fabric or plastic/cloth weed barriers
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac or other harmful plants
- No fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides or algaecides
- Kitty litter/pet manure
- Paint, liquids or aerosol cans
- Mattresses/box springs
- *Styrofoam, packing peanuts or foam packaging of any kind
*Styrofoam can be disposed at: Polyfoam LLC, (508-234-6323) 2355 Providence Road, Northbridge, MA. Dock 3, Door #7. Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
Leaving debris or waste outside the gates of the brush dump is considered illegal dumping by the Town of Grafton.
Grafton Recycling Center
The Recycling Center is located at 64 Old Westboro Road
Recycling Center Hours
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Saturdays: 8:00am to 1:00pm
- All other days: Closed
The Recycling Center accepts only the following items:
- Lightbulbs: 2-foot, 4-foot and 8-foot fluorescent tubes; compact fluorescent bulbs; circular and U-shaped tubes; mercury vapor; metal halide; HPS and LPS.
- Lighting ballasts
- Batteries: Alkaline, lithium, lithium ion, nickel cadmium and sealed lead acid.
- For safety purposes, all batteries (except for A, AA, AAA, C and D) must have the contacts taped before being recycled. Un-taped batteries cannot be accepted.
- Button-style batteries are acceptable but must be taped (top and bottom) as well.
The Recycling Center does not accept:
- *Styrofoam/foam packaging/packing peanuts
- Mattresses/box springs
- Toner cartridges
- Vehicle batteries
- Game systems/copiers/fax machines
- Plastic grocery bags
- Hazardous waste
- Paint/spray paint
- Steel/metal of any kind