Tree Removal

The Town of Grafton is responsible for all public shade trees that are located in the Right-of-Way as defined in the Town's Shade Tree By-Law (PDF). If you have any questions regarding public trees please contact the Town's Tree Warden, Kevin Gallagher, at 508-839-5335, ext. 1505.

Trees located within the Right-of-Way that are located along a designated Scenic Road will further require a Scenic Road hearing pursuant to the Town's Scenic Road By-Law (PDF).

To remove a public shade tree you need to apply for a tree hearing. Forms for the application are available on this website.