Central Mass Mosquito Control Project (CMMCP)
Services Conducted to Date
- Wetland Inspections and Treatments: CMMCP spent several days in March cataloging wetlands areas to be inspected; these inspections and treatments began mid-April.
- Catch Basin Treatments: This will begin in late May and continue throughout the summer.
- School Educational Program: Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic it may not be feasible to go into the schools this year.
- Senior Citizen Educational Program: Due to current COVID-19 Pandemic visiting the Senior Center may happen in the mid-to-late summer.
- Source Reduction (also known as Tire Recycling): Databasing requests and schedule pickups by completing the online form.
- Mosquito Surveillance: Will begin late May and run into the Fall. Entomologists have been in Grafton since March looking at possible trap sites.
- Adulticiding (spraying) at citizen/local official request: To begin in early June upon requests from residents. See more information.
- 2023 Commission Meeting Dates: click here.
Exclusion Form (PDF)
CMMCP have been working in town and other areas of critical risk from EEE in 2019 to determine larval sites to be treated by helicopter to mitigate species emergence and reduce risk from EEE in 2020. In process of finishing up mapping and inspections.