What do I do with leftover or expired medication?

The best way to dispose of unused or unwanted medication is to take it to an official collection site. For your convenience, a permanent drug collection unit is available at the Grafton Police Department, 28 Providence Road, Grafton MA.

In addition, the Central Massachusetts Regional Public Health Alliance participates in semi-annual Drug Take Back Days in partnership with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. Check our calendar for upcoming events.

Helpful Hints: Do not put medication of any kind down the drain or flush in the wastewater system (toilet). The preferred method is to crush medication and add to a garbage item such as kitty litter or coffee grounds (so that animals do not find it palatable) and dispose of it in your regular household trash. Do not put it in the recycling bin. You do not want to alert anyone that there might be those substances in the home. If you have any questions, you can call the Board of Health at 508-839-5335.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I dispose of needles (new or used)?
2. How do I file a complaint?
3. What do I do with leftover or expired medication?
4. How often are food service inspections conducted?
5. Can I obtain my childhood immunization records from the Health Department?
6. How do I know my septic is in failure?
7. How long is a Title V inspection good for?
8. What is a public health region?