The Board of Selectman has established senior citizen property tax work-off abatement program, in which participating taxpayers volunteer their services to the Town of Grafton in exchange for a reduction in their tax bills (125 hours max. reduction in a tax year at the current Massachusetts minimum wage rate).
The Grafton Property Tax Work-Off Abatement Program is available to:
- Residents who have reached the age of 60 or greater; and
- Residents whose household income is not greater than $35,000 and show proof of same; and
- Residents who own (or whose spouse owns the property) and have occupied that property as their principal residence for a minimum of 5 years; and
- Residents who produce a copy of the assessor’s record listing applicant and owner; and
- Residents who possess applicable skills; and
- Residents who sign an application and complete a W-4.
Payments will be made in the form of an abatement to the current tax bill, split between the third and fourth quarters.
Applications are available in the Senior Center office.