The Grafton Brush Dump Will Be Closing for the Season on Saturday, November 17th.
Millbury Street (between Providence Road & Hudson Avenue)
Contact the Department of Public Works during normal business hours at 508-839-5335 ext.1124
Hours (subject to change):
- Saturdays: 9:00am - 1:00pm (every Saturday through November 17th)
- Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 1:00pm *Because of last night's storm, the brush dump is closed today (11/16/18) but it will be open on Saturday the 17th.
- Sundays: Closed
- Please Note: The brush dump is scheduled to remain open until Saturday, November 17th. After that the brush dump will close for the winter and re-open in the spring. The determination to open for the day will depend solely on the weather. Because of this uncertainty, please remember that operating hours are subject to change with minimal notice.
- FY19 permits (green) are valid until June 30, 2019.
- Permits are available for purchase at the D.P.W. Office located on the 2nd floor of the Grafton Municipal Center during normal business hours or they can be purchased at the brush dump on Saturdays only. The cost is $25.00 (cash or check only).
- While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise where the brush dump might open late, close early or not open at all. Please be aware that hours of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close due to severe or inclement weather.
- The facility is for Grafton residents only and for material originating from Grafton.
- No bags of any type are to be left at the brush dump. Bags must be emptied and taken with the resident.
- Only vehicles with valid Town issued permits will be allowed into the brush disposal area.
- No disposal by landscaping companies is permitted.
What is acceptable:
- Grass clippings
- Hedge clippings
- Plant trimmings and prunings
- Brush that is 10" or less in diameter
What is not acceptable:
- Butt logs or stumps
- Construction debris (lumber, sheetrock, furniture, porcelain fixtures, fencing, shingles, concrete, bricks, or metal of any kind)
- Yard wastes such as dirt, stones, plastic containers, pressure treated lumber, railroad ties, landscape timbers, landscape fabric or plastic weed barriers
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac or other harmful plants
- Kitty litter/pet manure
- Liquids (paint, motor oil, antifreeze, bleach etc.)
Leaving yard waste at the gates of the brush dump during non-business hours is considered illegal dumping by the Town of Grafton.