The Grafton brush dump will OPEN (weather dependent) beginning this Saturday, May 2, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm for Grafton residents. The brush dump will be open on Saturday's only. There are no weekday hours scheduled at this time. Please check the Town's website and Facebook page for news and updates.
The brush dump on Millbury Street and the recycling center at the Highway Barn on Upton Street will be CLOSED on Saturday, July 4th for the holiday weekend. Both locations will resume Saturday hours beginning on July 11th. At the moment, both locations are open on Saturdays only.
Beginning Saturday, April 4, 2020 from 8:00am to 1:00pm, the Town will OPEN the Recycling Center at 27 Upton Street for residents to drop off their paper, plastic, glass and cardboard recycling into a single stream dumpster. The opening of the site will be on a trial basis, ongoing each Saturday from 8am to 1pm unless otherwise specified by the Town. Please do not bring any trash or yard wastes to the Recycling Center for disposal, only paper, plastic, glass and cardboard. Individiuals should practice social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet between you and others, and adhere to guidelines for safe hygiene practices.
Trash and recycle pick-up remains ON SCHEDULE. Be sure to have your trash/recycling curbside by 7:00am. If you wish to report a missed pick-up or have questions/concerns, please contact E.L. Harvey at 800-321-3002.
The textile recycling program has resumed. Pink recycling bags should be placed curbside on the same day as your regular recycling. Contact Simple Recycling directly at 866-835-5068 with any questions or concerns you may have (Simple Recycling is a separate entity and NOT affiliated with E.L. Harvey).
Thank you for your patience and understanding
Location of Brush Disposal Area:
Millbury Street (between Providence Road & Hudson Avenue)
Contact the Department of Public Works during normal business hours at 508-839-5335 ext.1124
Monday - Friday: Closed
Saturdays: 9:00am - 1:00pm
- FY20 permits (purple) are available for purchase at the D.P.W. Office located on the 2nd floor of the Grafton Municipal Center or they can be purchased at the brush dump on Saturdays only. FY20 permits expire on June 30, 2020.
- The cost for a brush dump permit is $25.00 (cash or check only).
- While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise where the brush dump might open late, close early or not open at all. Please be aware that hours of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close at any time due to severe or inclement weather.
- The Town of Grafton does not offer curb side pick-up of yard waste.
- The brush dump closes for the winter and re-opens in the spring. Closing and opening dates are weather dependent and posted as early as possible.
- The brush dump is for Grafton residents only and for material originating from Grafton.
- No bags of any type are to be left at the brush dump. Bags must be emptied and taken with the resident.
- Only vehicles with valid Town issued permits will be allowed into the brush disposal area.
- No disposal by landscaping companies is permitted.
What is acceptable:
- Grass clippings
- Hedge clippings
- Plant trimmings and prunings
- Brush that is 10" or less in diameter
What is not acceptable:
- Butt logs or stumps
- Construction debris (lumber, sheetrock, furniture, porcelain fixtures, fencing, shingles, concrete, bricks, or metal of any kind)
- Yard wastes such as dirt, stones, plastic containers, pressure treated lumber, railroad ties, landscape timbers, landscape fabric or plastic weed barriers
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac or other harmful plants
- Kitty litter/pet manure
- Liquids (paint, motor oil, antifreeze, bleach etc.)
Leaving waste of any kind outside the gates of the brush dump is considered illegal dumping by the Town of Grafton.