The Grafton Brush Dump is now open!
Current brush dump hours are:
Saturdays: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Monday through Friday: 10:00am to 1:00pm
These hours will remain in effect until July 1st
From July 1st to August 31st, there will be no weekday hours scheduled. During that time, the brush dump will be open on Saturdays only. Weekday hours will resume in the fall.
For your convenience, the brush dump and the recycling center will be OPEN on Saturday, July 3rd.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation the Town has decided that residents may use the brush dump with or without a valid permit. All residents who visit the brush dump must wear a mask and practice social distancing for the duration of their visit.
While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise where the brush dump might open late, close early, or not open at all. Please be aware that hours of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close at any time due to severe or inclement weather.
The Town of Grafton does not offer curb side pick-up of yard waste
On May 1, 2021 the Recycling Center will be moving from the Highway Garage (at 27 Upton Street) to the new DPW facility located at 64 Old Westboro Road. With the change in location comes a change in operating hours.
Beginning May 1, 2021 the new Recycling Center hours will be:
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Saturdays: 8:00am - 1:00pm
The Recycling Center containers are single stream. There is no need to seperate your recycling.
At the moment, the center is not accepting light bulbs of any kind. Once collection resumes, we'll post it here.
E.L Harvey reports that trash and recycling pick-up remains ON SCHEDULE. Be sure to have your trash/recycling curbside by 7:00am. If you wish to report a missed pick-up or have any questions regarding your trash or recycling, please contact E.L. Harvey's Customer Service Department at 800-321-3002 or online at www.elharvey.com.
E.L. Harvey has informed the Town that for the week of Monday, July 5th through Friday, July 9th they will be operating on their regular collection schedule for commercial and residential services. There will be no delay of service during this week.
*Simple Recycling reports that the textile recycling program has resumed. Pink recycling bags should be placed curbside on the same day as your regular recycling. If you have any questions, or wish to report a missed pick-up, contact Simple Recycling directly at 866-835-5068 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Simple Recycling is a separate entity and NOT a part of E.L. Harvey or the Town of Grafton
Thank you for your attention
Location of Brush Disposal Area:
Millbury Street (between Providence Road & Hudson Avenue)
Contact the Department of Public Works during normal business hours at 508-839-5335 ext.1124
Monday through Friday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Saturdays: 9:00am - 1:00pm
- FY21 permits (red) are available for purchase at the D.P.W. Office located on the 2nd floor of the Grafton Municipal Center or they can be purchased at the brush dump on Saturdays only.
- The cost for a brush dump permit is $25.00 (cash or check only).
- While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise where the brush dump might open late, close early or not open at all. Please be aware that hours of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close at any time due to severe or inclement weather.
- The Town of Grafton does not offer curb side pick-up of yard waste.
- The brush dump closes for the winter and re-opens in the spring. Closing and opening dates are weather dependent and posted as early as possible.
- The brush dump is for Grafton residents only and for material originating from Grafton.
- No bags of any type are to be left at the brush dump. Bags must be emptied and taken with the resident.
- Only vehicles with valid Town issued permits will be allowed into the brush disposal area.
- No disposal by landscaping companies is permitted.
What is acceptable:
- Grass clippings
- Hedge clippings
- Plant trimmings and prunings
- Brush that is 10" or less in diameter
What is not acceptable:
- Butt logs or stumps
- Construction debris (lumber, sheetrock, furniture, porcelain fixtures, fencing, shingles, concrete, bricks, or metal of any kind)
- Yard wastes such as dirt, stones, plastic containers, pressure treated lumber, railroad ties, landscape timbers, landscape fabric or plastic weed barriers
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac or other harmful plants
- Fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides or algaecides
- Kitty litter/pet manure
- Liquids (paint, motor oil, antifreeze, bleach etc.)
Leaving waste of any kind outside the gates of the brush dump is considered illegal dumping by the Town of Grafton.