GRAFTON BRUSH DUMP
Current brush dump hours are:
Monday - Friday: 10:00am to 1:00pm
Saturdays: 9:00am to 1:00pm
The brush dump closes for the winter and re-opens the following spring. Opening and closing dates are posted as far in advance as possible.
Due to COVID-19, the Town has decided that residents may use the brush dump with or without a valid permit. All residents who visit the brush dump must wear a mask and practice social distancing for the duration of their visit.
While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise where the brush dump might open late, close early, or not open at all. Please be aware that hours of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close at any time due to severe or inclement weather.
The Town of Grafton does not offer curb side pick-up of yard waste.
The Recycling Center has moved from Upton Street to the new DPW facility located at 64 Old Westboro Road. With the change in location comes a change in operating hours.
As of May 1st, 2021 the new Recycling Center hours will be:
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Saturdays: 8:00am - 1:00pm
All other days: Closed
Recycling Center containers are single stream. You do not need to seperate your recycling.
Styrofoam and foam packaging of any kind is not accepted.
Beginning on Tuesday, September 21st, the Recycling Center will be accepting the following items:
Lightbulbs: 2' 4' & 8' fluorescent tubes, compact fluorescent bulbs, circular & U-shaped tubes, mercury vapor, metal halide, HPS and LPS.
Batteries: Alkaline, lithium, lithium ion, nickel cadmium and sealed lead acid.
For safety purposes, all batteries (except for A, AA, AAA, C & D) must have the contacts taped before they can be recycled. Un-taped batteries will not be accepted.
Button batteries are acceptable but must be taped (top and bottom).
Simple Recycling is making changes to their program. Primary changes are:
Beginning on Monday, July 9th, residents will now be required to schedule all pick-ups. This can be done by going on line to simplerecycling.com or by calling Simple Recycling directly at 866-835-5068.
Pick-ups will now be at the front door instead of curbside.
Pink bags will be eliminated from the program.
Residents must place their clean & dry recyclable material in self provided bags or boxes.
Several factors are used to determine pick-up dates though it will be driven primarily by zip code. When scheduling on line, once a zip code is entered a calendar will appear showing collection availability in your area.
For more information contact Simple Recycling at 866-835-5068 or by email at email@example.com.
*Simple Recycling is a separate entity and NOT a part of E.L. Harvey or the Town of Grafton
Location of Brush Disposal Area:
Millbury Street (between Providence Road & Hudson Avenue)
Contact the Department of Public Works during normal business hours at 508-839-5335 ext.1124
Monday through Friday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Saturdays: 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Due to Covid-19, the Town is allowing residents to use the brush dump with ot without a valid permit.
- While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise where the brush dump might open late, close early or not open at all. Please be aware that hours of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close at any time due to severe or inclement weather.
- The Town of Grafton does not offer curb side pick-up of yard waste.
- The brush dump closes for the winter months and re-opens in the spring. Closing and opening dates are posted as far in advance as possible.
- The brush dump is for Grafton residents only and for material originating from Grafton.
- No bags (paper or plastic) are to be left at the brush dump. Bags must be emptied and taken with the resident.
- Only vehicles with valid Town issued permits will be allowed into the brush disposal area.
- No disposal by landscaping companies is permitted.
What is acceptable:
- Grass clippings
- Hedge clippings
- Plant trimmings and prunings
- Brush that is 10" or less in diameter
What is not acceptable:
- Butt logs or stumps
- Construction debris (lumber, sheetrock, furniture, porcelain fixtures, fencing, shingles, concrete, bricks, or metal of any kind)
- Yard/landscape wastes such as dirt, stones, plastic containers, pressure treated lumber, railroad ties, landscape timbers, landscape fabric or plastic/cloth weed barriers
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac or other harmful plants
- No fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides or algaecides
- Kitty litter/pet manure
- Liquids (paint, motor oil, antifreeze, bleach etc.)
- Styrofoam or foam packaging of any kind
Leaving debris or waste of any kind outside the gates of the brush dump is considered illegal dumping by the Town of Grafton.