New this year the Town will be offering a One Day Pass to the brush dump. These passes may be purchased at the D.P.W. Office or at the brush dump on Saturday's only. The cost for a One Day Pass is $10.00 (cash or check only). Passes are good for one day only and must be used on the date listed. Residents who purchase a One Day Pass may visit the brush dump as many times as they like, but only on the date listed on the pass.
There are no refunds or exchanges on One Day Passes
Millbury Street (between Providence Road & Hudson Avenue)
Contact the Department of Public Works during normal business hours at 508-839-5335 ext.1124
Hours (subject to change):
- Monday thru Friday: 10:00am to 1:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am to 1:00pm on 6/16 & 6/23
- Sundays: Closed
- Please note: The brush dump will be open normal hours until Friday, June 29. After that, it will be closed for July and August and re-open on Tuesday, September 4th.
- FY19 permits (Green) are available now for purchase and are valid until June 30, 2019. FY18 permits (Teal) remain valid and are good through June 30, 2018.
- Permits and One Day Passes are available for purchase at the D.P.W. Office located on the 2nd floor of the Grafton Municipal Center or they can be purchased at the brush dump on Saturdays only. The cost is $25.00 (cash or check only).
- During the week, the brush dump is staffed by volunteers. Saturdays are staffed by D.P.W. personnel.
- While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise where the brush dump might open late, close early or not open at all. Please be aware that hours of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close due to severe or inclement weather.
- The facility is for Grafton residents only and for material originating from Grafton.
- No bags of any type are to be left at the brush dump. Bags must be emptied and taken with the resident.
- Only vehicles with valid Town issued permits will be allowed into the brush disposal area.
- No disposal by landscaping companies is permitted.
What is acceptable:
- Grass clippings
- Hedge clippings
- Plant trimmings and prunings
- Brush that is 10" or less in diameter
What is not acceptable:
- Butt logs or stumps
- Construction debris (lumber, sheetrock, furniture, porcelain fixtures, fencing, shingles, concrete, bricks, or metal of any kind)
- Yard wastes such as dirt, stones, plastic containers, pressure treated lumber, railroad ties, landscape timbers, landscape fabric or plastic weed barriers
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac or other harmful plants
- Kitty litter/pet manure
- Liquids (paint, motor oil, antifreeze, bleach etc.)
Leaving yard waste at the gates of the brush dump during non-business hours is considered illegal dumping by the Town of Grafton.