Closed for the Winter
(November 20th through mid April)
Millbury Street (between Providence Road & Hudson Avenue).
Contact the D.P.W. Office during normal business hours with any questions at 508-839-5335 ext.1124.
Hours (subject to change):
- The Grafton brush dump will be open to residents until Monday, November 20th. After that, the brush dump will be closed for the winter and will re-open in the spring.
- Brush dump permits are valid for the fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- Permits are available for purchase at the D.P.W. Office located on the 2nd floor of the Grafton Municipal Center or they can be purchased at the brush dump on Saturdays only. The cost is $25.00 (cash or check only).
- During the week, the brush dump is staffed by volunteers. Saturdays are staffed by D.P.W. personnel.
- While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise and the brush dump may be closed early, late or not open at all. Please be aware that dates and times of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close due to inclimate weather.
- The brush dump closes for the winter months and re-opens in the spring. Closing and opening dates are weather dependent and posted as early as possible.
- No bags of any type are to be left at the brush dump. Bags must be emptied of yard wastes and taken with the resident.
- The facility is for Grafton residents only and for material originating from Grafton.
- Only vehicles with valid Town issued permits will be allowed into the brush disposal area.
- No disposal by landscaping companies is permitted.
What is acceptable:
- Grass clippings
- Hedge clippings
- Plant trimmings and prunings
- Brush that is 10" or less in diameter
What is not acceptable:
- Butt logs or stumps
- Construction debris (lumber, sheetrock, furniture, fencing, shingles, toilets, concrete, bricks, or metal of any kind)
- Yard wastes such as dirt, stones, plastic containers, railroad ties, landscape timbers, landscape fabric or plastic weed barriers
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac or other harmful plants
- Kitty litter/pet manure
- Liquids (paint, motor oil, antifreeze, bleach etc.)
Leaving yard waste at the gates of the brush dump during non-business hours is considered illegal dumping by the Town of Grafton.