GRAFTON BRUSH DUMP
The Grafton brush dump is now open for the season!
FY23 permits are now available for purchase at the DPW Office located at 64 Old Westboro Road or they can be purchased at the brush dump on Saturdays only. Permit fee is $25.00 (cash or check only). Permits are no longer available for purchase at the Municipal Center.
Location of Brush Disposal Area:
Millbury Street (between Providence Road & Hudson Avenue)
Contact the Office of the Department of Public Works at 508-839-5335 ext.1124
Monday - Friday: Closed
Saturdays: 9:00am to 1:00pm
From July 5th to August 31st there will be no weekday hours scheduled. During that time, the brush dump will be open on Saturdays only. Weekday hours will resume in the fall.
- While the Town does its best to make sure the brush dump is open when advertised, situations may arise where the brush dump might open late, close early or not open at all. Please be aware that hours of operation are subject to change with minimal notice. The brush dump may also close at any time due to severe or inclement weather.
- The Town of Grafton does not offer curb side pick-up of yard waste.
- The brush dump closes for the winter months and re-opens in the spring. Opening and closing dates are posted as far in advance as possible.
- The brush dump is for Grafton residents only and for material originating from Grafton.
- No bags (paper or plastic) are to be left at the brush dump. Bags must be emptied and taken with the resident.
- Only vehicles with valid Town issued permits will be allowed into the brush disposal area.
- No disposal by landscaping companies is permitted.
What is acceptable:
- Grass clippings
- Hedge clippings
- Plant trimmings and prunings
- Brush that is 10" or less in diameter
What is not acceptable:
- Butt logs or stumps
- Construction debris (lumber, sheetrock, furniture, porcelain fixtures, fencing, pallets, shingles, concrete, bricks, or metal of any kind)
- Yard wastes such as dirt, stones, plastic containers, pressure treated lumber, railroad ties, landscape timbers, landscape fabric or plastic/cloth weed barriers
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac or other harmful plants
- No fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides or algaecides
- Kitty litter/pet manure
- Liquids or aerosol cans
- Styrofoam, packing peanuts or foam packaging of any kind
Leaving debris or waste outside the gates of the brush dump is considered illegal dumping by the Town of Grafton.
Grafton Recycling Center
The Recycling Center is located at 64 Old Westboro Road.
Recycling Center hours are:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturdays: 8:00am - 1:00pm
- All other days: Closed
Styrofoam and foam packaging of any kind is not accepted
The Recycling Center now accepts the following items:
- Lightbulbs: 2', 4' & 8' fluorescent tubes, compact fluorescent bulbs, circular and U-shaped tubes, mercury vapor, metal halide, HPS & LPS.
- Lighting ballasts.
- Batteries: Alkline, lithium, lithium ion, nickel cadmium and sealed lead acid.
For safety purposes, all batteries (except for A, AA, AAA, C & D) must have the contacts taped before being recycled. Un-taped batteries cannot be accepted.
Button style batteries are acceptable but must be taped (top and bottom) as well.
Residents looking to dispose of mercury-containing products (i.e. thermostats, thermometers, blood pressure units, etc.) will find proper disposal receptacles located outside the Office of the Board of Health at the Grafton Municipal Center (30 Providence Road).