View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
Commission on Disability: CHARGE
The Grafton Disability Commission is to assure that all people in Grafton have and equal opportunity to participate in all functions involving living, working and enjoying recreation activities. The Commission will work toward this end by informing, educating, monitoring and advising the public, including the business community and the Town administration.
The Grafton Disability Commission shall consist of seven members appointed by the Select Board for overlapping three year terms and be responsible to the Select Board through the Town Administrator.
Six (6) members shall consist of people with disabilities, people with and immediate family member with a disability, residents with professional experience working with people with disabilities, and/or residents with an interest in this area. One (1) member shall be either an elected or appointed official of the town.
The purpose of the Commission shall be to cause the full integration and participation of people with disabilities in the Town of Grafton, such commission shall:
- Advise and assist municipal officials and employees with state and federal laws and regulations that affect people with disabilities;
- Coordinate or carry out programs designed to meet the problems of people with disabilities in coordination with programs of the Massachusetts Office on disability;
- Review and make recommendations about policies, procedures, services, activities and facilities of departments, boards and agencies of the Town of Grafton as they affect people with disabilities;
- Provide information referrals, guidance and technical assistance to individuals, public agencies, businesses and organizations in all matters pertaining to disability; and
- Help raise awareness and sensitivity to the needs of the people who are disabled.
The Commission shall meet at least once every month. Minutes will be kept and filed with the Town Clerk for posting.