The Planning Board reviews a number of applications throughout the year including Special Permits, Site Plans, Approval Not Required (ANR), Definitive and Preliminary Subdivsion Plans, Scenic Road Permits and any number of modifications of previously approved permits. Listed below are the projects that may have a broad public interest. Not all projects reviewed by the Planning Board are listed here. Please contact the Planning Department (508-839-5335 x1120) if you have questions about any project whether listed below or not.
Affordable Housing: Residential development in Town follows a permitting process either via the Planning Board or the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA). The ZBA manages the work associated with 40B Comprehensive Permits which result in the production of affordable housing. Click on the following links to learn more:
Projects in Permitting Phase
Listed below are projects currently under review by the Planning Board. Click on a link to view project material including application materials, staff comments, public comments and other project related materials. If you would like to comment on projects that are still in the public hearing phase of permitting, CLICK HERE.
- Special Permit: Change in use for "other eating or drinking establishment" - 1 Grafton Common
- Scenic Road Permit: removal of tree and stone wall alterations - 18 Keith Hill Road
- Special Permit: Convert single family dwelling to two-family dwelling - 263 Providence Road
- Gas station renovation & signage - Petrogas Group New England - 88 Worcester Street
- "The Ridings" Subdivision - off 88 Adams Road
Approved Projects & Under Construction
Listed below are projects previously approved by the Planning Board. These projects are in the construction / completion phase based on conditions of the permit(s). Click on a link to view the final Planning Board decision along with the documents specific to the approval.
- Accessory Use / Professional Office - Site Plan Approval Only - 126 Worcester Street
- Contractors Yard - 104 Creeper Hill Road
- "Brookmeadow Village" Subdivision - Brookmeadow Lane
- "Gristmill Village" Subdivision - Off Pleasant Street & Grist Mill Road
Listed below are projects that have completed the permitting and construction phases. Click on a link to view the final Planning Board decision along with other related material. This list will be refreshed periodically to include the most current projects. Materials relating to older projects can be found in the Planning Department.
- Wireless Communication Facility - Construction of a Monopole - 104 Creeper Hill Road
- Construct a Recycling Transfer Station - 109 Creeper Hill Road
- Common Driveway, Removal of Trees, Alterations to Stone Wall - 114 Merriam Road
- Building Addition - Equipment Care Center - 88 Westboro Road
- Dental & Medical Offices - 103 Worcester Streeet
- Removal and Trimming of Trees within the Town's Right of Way - Willard & Wesson Streets - Multiple Locations
- Accessory Apartment - 23 Eseks Circle
- Sign Relief - 198 Worcester Street
- Recreational Facilities a/k/a "Super Park" - 4-6 Upton Street
- Accessory Apartment - 56 Fitzpatrick Road
- Equine Sports Medicine Center - Tufts - 53 Willard Street
- Solar Farm - 79 Old Upton Road