The Planning Board reviews a number of applications throughout the year including Special Permits, Site Plans, Approval Not Required (ANR), Definitive and Preliminary Subdivsion Plans, Scenic Road Permits and any number of modifications of previously approved permits. Listed below are the projects that may have a broad public interest. Not all projects reviewed by the Planning Board are listed here. Please contact the Planning Department (508-839-5335 x1120) if you have questions about any project whether listed below or not.
Affordable Housing: Residential development in Town follows a permitting process either via the Planning Board or the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA). The ZBA manages the work associated with 40B Comprehensive Permits which result in the production of affordable housing. Click on the following links to learn more:
Projects in Permitting Phase
Listed below are projects currently under review by the Planning Board. Click on a link to view project material including application materials, staff comments, public comments and other project related materials. If you would like to comment on projects that are still in the public hearing phase of permitting, CLICK HERE.
- 100 Milford Road - Hilltop Self-Storage - Extend Special Permit Expiration Dates
- Multiple Sites - Grafton Land Trust - Sign Relief
- 8 Millennium Drive - Natures Remedy - Registered Marijuana Dispensary
- 88 Adams Road - "The Ridings" - Subdivision Preliminary Plan
Decisions Rendered & Projects Under Construction
Listed below are projects previously approved by the Planning Board. These projects are in the construction / completion phase based on conditions of the permit(s). Click on a link to view the final Planning Board decision along with the documents specific to the approval.
- 43 Estabrook Avenue - Knowlton Farms - Pilot Solar Development
- 48 Old Westboro Road - Town of Grafton - DPW Facility
- 44 Estabrook Avenue - Knowlton Farms - Solar Array
- 74 North Main Street - Breakout, Inc. - Security Apartment - Application Withdrawn
- 198 Worcester Street - "Babylon Plaza" - Parking Reduction - Application Withdrawn
- 126 Worcester Street - Accessory Professional Office
- 104 Creeper Hill Road - 104 Creeper Hill Road, LLC - Contractors Yard
- Off Pleasant Street & Grist Mill Road - "Gristmill Village" Subdivision
- Magill Drive - "Highfields of Grafton" Subdivision
Listed below are projects that have completed the permitting and construction phases. Click on a link to view the final Planning Board decision along with other related material. This list will be refreshed periodically to include the most current projects. Materials relating to older projects can be found in the Planning Department.
- 14 Bernard Road - Accessory Professional Office
- 308 Providence Road - Mass. State Police Museum - Change in Use
- Off Milford Road & Providence Road - "Brookmeadow Village" Subdivision
- 104 Creeper Hill Road - Town of Grafton - Wireless Communication Facility
- 114 Merriam Road - Common Drive, Tree Removal, Alter Stone Wall
- 103 Worcester Streeet - Theroux - Dental & Medical Offices
- Willard & Wesson Streets - National Grid - Tree Trimming & Removal w/in Right of Way
- 198 Worcester Street - Sargon Realty LLC - Sign Relief