Silver Lake Beach, located at 245 Upton St., is open to both residents and non-residents from late June to late August and operated by the Town of Grafton Recreation Department.
THE BEACH WILL NOT OPERATE FOR THE SUMMER OF 2020. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO READ BELOW.
- Sandy Lifeguarded Beach
- Concession Stand - Click Here to View a Menu
- Restrooms/Changing Rooms
- Outdoor Shower and Footwash
- Picnic Tables
- Deep Water Raft
- Swim Lessons
- Charcoal Grills
- Kayak and Tandem Kayak Rentals
- Click Here to View the Beach Rules
2020 Hours of Operation
JUNE 1, 2020 UPDATE: The beach will not operate this season due to safety concerns for patrons and staff. Beach passes will be refunded. The property is still open for fishing, boating, kayaking, paddleboarding, walking, and sunbathing. Facilities are closed. SWIMMING IS NOT ALLOWED. Water quality is not being tested. No Lifeguards are on Duty.
- Adhere to distancing and mask requirements
- Min. of 12 ft distance between toweling & beach blanket groups
- 10 people max. when seated
- Face Coverings Required: masks worn at beaches and parking areas when social distancing is not possible in accordance with COVID-19 Executive Order No. 31
- Parking is allowed in front of the gate, but please know you may be asked to temporarily move for staff access to the property. PARKING ALONG RT. 140 IS PROHIBITED
- We ask that users adhere to a ‘Carry In, Carry Out’ trash policy.
- Dogs must remain leashed and picked up after.
- Grill and table use is not allowed.
- No ball sports (volleyball, spike ball, Kadima, bocce)
Once the state enters PHASE 2:
- Distance Requirements: Min. of 6 ft. distance between toweling & beach blanket groups
- Face Coverings & Group Size Limits: Could be modified based on updated guidelines
- Other Beach Activities: Ball sports allowed on the beach
(for immediately family only)
(valid for up to 2 people)
(for up to 5 people)
|Per Person||Senior (65+)*|
*Seniors must bring proof of age. **Under 2 no charge when accompanied by an adult over 18.
Click Here to Purchase your Season Pass Online.
- Family: This pass is valid for couples or families. A family pass is valid for the number of immediate family members in your household.
- Senior: Senior passes are valid for those age 65+ and for up to two people.
- Individual: This pass is valid for 1 person.
- Additional Passes: Additional passes are available for $20 for residents and $40 for non-residents. Passes must be the same type as the original pass purchase.
- Replacement passes (if lost or stolen) will be charged $20 for residents and $40 for non-residents.
- Group rates are available for 10 or more people. Call or e-mail the office for more information.
How to Purchase Beach Passes
- Season Passes can be purchased online via credit card at GraftonRec.com and picked up at the Recreation Office (starting March 1) or Silver Lake Beach (once in operation) OR by cash, check or credit card at the Recreation Office or directly at the beach (when open). Season Passes must be hung from the vehicle’s rearview mirror. If a pass is lost or misplaced, a replacement fee will be charged.
- Daily Passes are only available at the beach. Daily Passes must be displayed on the dashboard.
- These rules and regulations are intended to promote the safety and convenience of all who use the facilities at Silver Lake Beach, as well as allow for maximum use of our parking area. To that end, these parking regulations will be strictly enforced.
- Any person wishing to park a vehicle at Silver Lake and use the facilities must obtain a beach pass. All parking at Silver Lake Beach is at vehicle owner’s risk. Vehicles may park at Silver Lake only during posted hours. Vehicles must leave promptly at closing time.
- Vehicles must park in designated areas directed by staff. If the parking lot is full, vehicles MAY NOT park on Route 140. A parking lot attendant will be on duty.
ALL PATRONS MUST FOLLOW ANY DIRECTION GIVEN BY THE ATTENDANT OR BY OTHER STAFF AT SILVER LAKE.
Pavilion and Ground Rentals
Private Rental of the Pavilion is available during the beach dates of operation. Beach operates mid-June to late August. (Not currently available for non-residents). Private Rental of the Beach Grounds is only available April to November, outside beach dates of operation. Beach operates mid-June to late August.
- Click Here for the Rules and Fee Schedule to Rent the Pavilion or Beach Grounds
- Click Here for the Pavilion and Ground Rental Application Form
Have your birthday party Silver Lake! Birthday party packages are available during the summer season for Grafton residents. The party is held under the Beach Pavilion and a rental fee is required for use with a maximum of 2 hours. Click Here for Rules and Application Form.
- $30 Pavilion Rental Fee Required plus applicable beach pass fees*
- Package Options
- #1 - Swimming Only: No additional fee
- #2 - Swimming and an Ice Cream: $1.50/person
- #3 - Swimming, Pizza, Drink, Ice Cream and Paper Goods: $7/person
* Attendees/guests must either have a valid Silver Lake season pass or purchase a daily pass. Day Passes are available at a group rate of $3/person.
Silver Lake offers kayak and tandem kayak rentals. Fees are $8/half hour or $15/hour. Paddles and lifevests are included. You must be at least 18 years old to rent and at least 6 years old to be with an adult. Hours may be limited during peak volume times. Waiver Required. All paperwork is done on-site at the beach.
Off Season Use
Outside of beach operating season, you may pull up in front of the locked gate, (straight in so as to allow the most cars possible), to access the Conservation trails but swimming is prohibited and trash is carry in/carry out. Grounds and pavilion rental is available (please see info above).
Personal Boat Use
Only canoes or boats that can be carried on car tops are allowed. No trailored watercrafts are allowed. Electronic outboard motors but no others may be used. Click Here for the Use of Silver Lake bylaws.
To access the lake:
- You may park in the beach parking lot during the operating season with a valid beach pass and must follow the Beach Rules and would need to remain in a restricted area.
- You may also launch from the road around the corner from the beach entrance and have access to the entire lake.
- If you do launch from the road and boat to the beach, then you become our responsibility and must follow the Beach Rules.
"The Rec Department and the crew at Silver Lake Beach have earned our vote for the outstanding program provided. You can swim under the watchful eyes of the trained Life Guard staff, read a book, or get snacks at the concession stand. The toilet facilities are clean, and the beach area is devoid of litter. Consistently.Yearly beach passes are available at a very reasonable price, so this is one of the great assets of Grafton! See you at the beach!" - Elaine and Al S.
"I want to say that the staff at the beach were all excellent this summer. I had a summer pass and enjoyed it very much. My grandson attended swim lessons with Nick and Dan, at 11:30. They were very good with all the kids,but I was very impressed with their patience and how well my grandson did in the class. He did not want to go to swim lessons and today he was very sad it was over. I really like how each class, had a lesson about water safety before going out in water. Thank you again for hiring a great summer staff." - Denise M.
"First year buying a pass to Silver Lake. I'm so impressed with the grounds. Soft sand, showers, snack bar, lifeguards, sun, shade. The water set up is genius with three sections of shallow water for kids to swim and play. The lifeguards are so attentive and enforce the rules with respect to the kids. I'm so glad I have a chance to experience it this year!" - Jennifer J.
"I couldn't be more thrilled, the lessons are wonderful! Thank you for all that you do! All of the staff at the lake are amazing and my kids are really getting so much out of class." - Deirdre R.